Workshop Indigo, Sashiko, Shibori & Sakiori at The Textiel Fabrique

Leave a Comment

 
One sunday in oktober, me and my mother took the train to Rotterdam for a whole day of indigo dyeing, and japanese fabric techniques at the Textiel Fabrique.
(In my excitement I forgot to bring my camera so you'll have to do with these not to0 sharp iphone photos, sorry for that!)
In her cosy studio, Maaike showed our group of excited participants to make a pan full of indigo paint, and a variety of dye techniques, embroidery, weave and traditional japanese mending.
Amazing how much you can learn in one day! We went home with our own indigo dye scarf, a few fabric experiments and lots of inspiration.

I also took a little indigo-starter-kit to dye at home... now I only need to find the time :-)
That's the good thing about doing a workshop right? That by joining you make time to focus on a specific technique to learn, that you'd otherwise would not have (or make) time for in everyday busy life.

The Textiel Fabrique offers an exciting range of workshops from weaving to dyeing with natural material, indigo and much, much more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

all content on this blog © Kim Welling unless stated otherwise. Powered by Blogger.