The books that inspire

Leave a Comment


On my bookshelfs a lot of art and illustration books but these are the books I keep looking at, that inspire me most.

top picture, from top to bottom:

1. Sometimes I think, sometimes I am - Sara Fanelli
Sara Fanelli has a lovely free way of working with (illustrative) materials and collage.

2. Camilla Engman - The suitcase series by Uppercase
I've been a fan since I first saw her work in 2010. Love Camilla's fun, sweet and also sometimes a bit dark characters.

3. Allemaal mensen - Blexbolex
It's intriguing to me how all his work looks vintage but in fact is all (well) done by computer. It's simple, elegant and very much to the point. His Seasons book is great too (and many others, actually all his work is worth having ;-) )

4. Olle Eksel - swedish graphic designder
All time favorite designer. The shows his finished work but also sketches and drawings, very inspiring.

5. Mark Hearld's Workbook
Inspiring collages, painting, lino's and more with a nature and animal theme
(what I love drawing too).

6. Al Mano - expressive lettering in the digital age
Although this book it a bit older (I bought it while in art school back in 2006), it still is one that I look into now and then when I need inspiration on lettering and such.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

all content on this blog © Kim Welling unless stated otherwise. Powered by Blogger.