Kunst Klub [Art Club]

Leave a Comment

I think I can say that the Kunst Klub [Art Club] I organised in our little village was a succes! You never know how many kids will join but all days had enough subscriptions, wednesday was even fully booked. All kids were between 4 and 7 so it was - age wise - a good group as well. I got enthousiastic feedback from both parents and kids, which of course is the most important of all!
Overall a great start with this first Kunst Klub.

So what did we do?
On monday we made our own flags/ wall decoration using fruit and veg stamps. The kids sewed, stamped, painted the flags and crafted tassels.


Wednesday was ice cream day. First drawing your fave ice cream, then making a big version out of paper and cardboard.


On friday the theme was 'wood'. The little artists made boats out of scrap wood. I also made them little ship journals which they filled with drawings of creatures and sights seen on their imaginative sea journey.


Because each lesson took 2.5 hours I also prepaired some side activities outdoors like: blowing super bubbles (I eventually used this recipe) and making a sidewalk chalk painting (recipe for the paint here, I used the much more food coloring though, about the double amount).


My personal favorites were making the boats and the big bubbles, so much fun! I'm now aiming for a weekly Kunst Klub and maybe a summer version again next year... I'll keep you posted!












0 comments:

Post a Comment

all content on this blog © Kim Welling unless stated otherwise. Powered by Blogger.