wedding invitation in the making

Leave a Comment



Oh my, it's been a loooong time since I posted here. So many things have happened, good, bad and inbetween but I'm still here (in case you wondered...).

This year, I'm promised myself I could take things a bit slow - workwise - to focus on taking care of a toddler and a little baby (who has severe reflux. Short story: a condition that includes a lot of painfull vomitting and exhausting days and nights).
Now that L is 6 months old I like to pick things up a bit, starting with blogging.

In the mean time, I'm planning our wedding! I can tick the location, dress and flowers boxes (this lovely lady will be in charge of flowers) and now I'm designing the wedding invitation.

A few weeks ago I teamed up with the toddler and together we made 'shapes' (I tried to keep him restricted to his own sheet of paper but he insisted on drawing on mine as well, he also insisted on adding a postal sticker). We filled a few sheets with crayon, marker and fineliner and I scanned them. In the end I only used a small selection of the shapes.
My idea for the invitation was that it should not have the 'standard flower arrangement and pastel colors' but abstract shapes that could overlap or interlock (do you feel the theme here?).
Because my dress is a very soft nude pink, for the invitation design I went for a pink spin off combined with red (a more strong color that in this concept stands for my husband....mmmm, I guess I'm not a big feminist ;-) )

I'll show you the finished invitation once it's printed and send to our guests!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

all content on this blog © Kim Welling unless stated otherwise. Powered by Blogger.