Another recipe from my sugarfree favorites, a super easy, no bake true summer treat! This one was made with redcurrant from our garden but every red fruit will do.
Before we start: I'm not sure to call this a pie or cake. This pie is like a cheesecake (but with yoghurt) but technically it's not a cake so I'm going for pie (just so you know).
- 600 ml of yoghurt (I prefer goat yoghurt but every yoghurt will work)
- about a handful of redcurrants or other red fruit
- about 6 tblspoons of rice sirope, honey or another natural sweetener
- 100 ml of applejuice
- 200 grams of wholegrain biscuits, sugarfree (I used cookies by Molenaartje)
- about two tblspoons of coconut oil, melted
- 6 sheets of gelatine (you could also use agar-agar but see the box for how much you should use)
Soak the gelatine sheets in a big bowl of cold water for about 5 minutes.
In the mean time, put all cookies in your kitchenmachine and mix untill they have become very fine crumbs. Add the coconut oil and mix again. If you feel it's still a bit too dry you can add some more coconut oil. Spread the cookie mixture on the bottom of a baking tin and push it firmly with a spoon untill you have an even and firm pie crust. Put it in the fridge.
Put the applejuice in a small pan.
Take the gelatine out of the water and squeeze every sheet firmly. Then add the sheets to the applejuice. Heat the mixture slowly while you keep stirring, untill all gelatine has dissolved. Add the rice sirope (or other sweetener) and stirr untill everything is mixed. Take it of the heat.
Put the yoghurt into a large bowl and add the applejuice mixture. Stirr untill it's all mixed.
Take the pie crust out of the fridge and add the yoghurt mixture. Make sure it's spread evenly.
Put it in the fridge again for at least two hours.
Take you pie out of the fridge and put the fruit on top. You can drizzle some extra honey on top and finish it with mint leafs or lemon zest, whatever you like!